Well, hey there. As you’ve figured out through reading this, I have not died. June did give me a run for my money, though. I don’t know why I always forget how crazy June is. Ryan and I are all over the place most of July, so this June was especially busy with preparation for our absence. But I did survive June, and am living to tell about it.
As I type this I am in the car driving (actually, Ryan’s driving) to Destin, FL. Thanks to having a husband in IT, I bring you this post. Ryan’s family goes to Florida every year on the July 4th week, and we are blessed to hop on board with their tradition. I am looking forward to running on that white beach tomorrow morning.
Here’s a rundown of our June adventures. This month we:
- Said goodbye to 2 sets of friends moving away
- Hired a new admin & preschool director for the Downtown Campus (my workplace)
- Had an all-day training for CARES (the Apartment Life ministry we’ll be starting in Oct)
- Helped some friends that are already a CARES team host an event for their residents
- Hosted our first Downtown Campus Prayer & Praise Night
- Hung out with one of my dearest friends (& bridesmaid in my wedding!) who is a brilliant photographer living in Chicago
- Hosted a reception for some friends that got married in Puerto Rico last month (and baked 8 dozen cookies for it)
- Celebrated a few birthdays for friends & family
- Rearranged the office, and Ryan built more pallet walls to accommodate
- Planned Houston 1:8 (with our awesome site leaders) to be ready for me not being present for half of it
- And my dad accepted a job in Orlando & my parents are moving this weekend!
Not to mention, you know, work and teaching classes. :) Told ya June had me busy. I’ve also moved most of my personal workouts to the morning time at 6a because it seems to be the only time I can actually get a good workout in with my schedule. If you know me, you know that the fact I can be aware enough of what’s going on that early in the morning, and can make it to the gym and move in a coordinated manor as to perform exercises is almost a miracle. People can change, y’all. And God’s grace is pretty impressive in my life at 5:20a as of late.
Here are some pics to go along with some of our June-ness. I’ll let you know how Destin is (Ps. It’s going to be fabulous).
Carly, our new admin:
Ryan, the popcorn man at our friends’ CARES event:
Our cousin, Kate’s birthday lunch with the girls at Rainforest Cafe:
Praise & Prayer Night:
Guys… you HAVE to try these Cookie Butter Cookies. You won’t regret it.
Hope y’all have had a super fun summer so far! I’ll be back with photos of sand and water, and maybe even a yoga pose or two and a beach workout. :)